In 2019, EURES is celebrating its 25th anniversary, but we need your support and active involvement to make this celebration unforgettable!
Launched in 1994, EURES is a European cooperation network of employment services, designed to facilitate the free movement of workers. Over the years, EURES has grown to include 32 countries (28 EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland), and over 1,000 EURES Staff members. The network has always worked hard to ensure that European citizens can benefit from the same opportunities, despite language barriers, cultural differences, bureaucratic challenges, diverse employment laws and a lack of recognition of educational certificates across Europe.
To date, more than 14,300 employers use the portal and 3.7 million job vacancies are currently advertised. These figures demonstrate the scale and importance of EURES today. Looking forward to the next 25 years of service, the network will set the pace to ensure many potential jobseekers and employers are aware of EURES, what it stands for, and how it can support them in their life journey or in their hiring processes.
What services does EURES offer?
Staff members provide information and assistance to jobseekers who are looking to move to another European country, including advice on living and working conditions. They also support employers in recruiting workers from other countries.
EURES’ services to jobseekers and employers are provided by public employment services in the participating countries, as well as various private employment services, trade unions and employers’ organisations.
What is #EURES25?
#EURES25 is a five-month, EU-wide communications campaign celebrating the 25th anniversary of the EURES network. It will run until January 2020.
What are the main objectives?
- Celebrate EURES’ achievements over the past 25 years by showing its continuous growth and achievements.
- Bring together the EURES family and celebrate its success stories and achievements.
- Jobseekers should be aware of EURES and benefit from its services by either directly registering on the EURES Job Mobility Portal or by directly approaching EURES Staff in specific countries.
- Raise awareness about EURES and increase its visibility for the benefit of jobseekers, workers, employers and any citizen wishing to benefit from its services using the principle of the free movement of people in Europe.
- Foster a climate of future opportunities with new employers that would be interested in collaborating with EURES.
How can I get involved in #EURES25?
You can follow and engage in the campaign on social media by using the hashtag #EURES25.
For events in your country or region as part of the campaign, check out the complete EURES events calendar.
You can also find out about the latest #EURES25 news on the EURES Facebook page, as well as on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Did EURES help you find a job? Tell us about it and win prizes!
If you’re a citizen and/or resident of the EU who has used the services of EURES, then go ahead and share your success story.
Entering the competition is simple:
- record and upload a 1-minute video describing your EURES success story
- include the word ‘EURES’ in the video, in the most creative way you can think of!
Three winners will receive a € 500 voucher to attend:
- a course to learn a language of their choice or
- an employability skills training to increase their chances of landing their dream job
Hurry, the competition ends 24 November!
The three lucky winners will be announced on 6 December.
Go here for more details and to enter the competition.
One important thing to keep in mind throughout #EURES25 is that we can’t make the celebration a success without you! You have been a very important part of the EURES journey so far and we’ll continue to need your support.
Leave a Reply